How to setup JioFi Mifi 4G Dongle and how to access the storage card in Jio Dongle 2 device by login into at jiofi.local.html or 192.168.1.1 …..
JioFi is a very low cost 4G device with lot of options in it. It just costs around INR 2000/- per device. Initially the device is bundled with free offers the device provides high speed data capacity, longer battery backup etc. So, go get the JioFi device now and start using the Jio data services. Jiofi 2 is a Wifi Hot Spot dongle it shares the internet data to 10 accessing wifi devices. If anybody can try to know the Jiofi Configuration logon into jiofi.local.html or 192.168.1.1
Beforehand, make sure that your Jio sim is activated before proceeding for setup of JioFi Device. If you haven’t activated it yet, then call 1800 890 1977 to activate data service from the registered mobile number and call 1977 to activate both voice and data service from the JioJoin App. Jio Prime Membership offer final date had extended to 15th April 2017.
If your device is not Pure 4G signal i.e VoLTE. You can install the Jio4GVoice App in your smartphone. By using the app you can call to others. Make sure that you note down the default SSID of your JioFi Device and the Wifi Password also. You can find these details at the back of the device once you remove the battery of the device. Once you note down the details reinsert the battery and close the back panel and get ready for the setup process.
How to configure JioFi Mifi or Jio Dongle 2 4G Settings Jiofi.local.html
Switch on the JioFi device and Go to the PC / Laptop and view the available Wifi connections in the list. Now find your Jio Dongle 2 by its SSID you already noted. Click on the SSID and enter the password which you noted. Now click on the Connect to get connected.
Go to the browser and then enter this URL http://jiofi.local.html or 192.168.1.1 and press enter to get the Setup page
Find the Login button on the right top side of the jiofi.local.html Welcome page. Click on the Login and enter the Username and Password which you noted from the back of your device.
- Default Username: administrator
- Default Password: administrator
You can change these default details later once the device is setup. In case if you forgot the changed login details later you can just open the back panel and find the reset button and press it for about 30 seconds to reset your device. Once the reset completes the device details again become default details.
- After login into http://jiofi.local.html or 192.168.1.1 web page to enable the MAC address Click on the setting in the menu at the top. Now select network in the left menu.
- Now Enable the MAC address filter in this page.Next select Allow to allow the MAC address filter mode.
- Next Click on Add button to add the MAC address you need to enter and then Click on Apply to apply the settings.
- Changing Wifi Settings is one of the important thing in JioFi device.
- Here you can change the security password for broadcasting the network.
- Change your Default SSID name to a new name as you wish
- You can select the type of security like WPA2-PSK, WPA, Open etc.
- You can also change Encryption type and Channel mode.
- After changing the settings do remember to click on Apply to reflect the changes on the device. Also, use the changed details to access the device.
- Accessing the Storage Card in JioFi Device
- First open the back panel of the JioFi device and remove the battery.
- Now find the slot given here to insert your SD card.
- And then reinsert your battery and close the panel.
- To enable the storage account, follow the following procedure:
- Click on the Setting link in the menu and then click on the Storage link in left menu.
- Here you can access the Storage Account either by opting Enable and Disable
- Enter the storage username and password in the fields
- And click on Apply and Update the details.
- To access the SD card files, enter the URL, http://jiofi.local.html/sd_login.html in your browser
- Enter the Username and Password to login
- Use the files in the SD card and even upload the new files in the sdcard.
- User Management can be done in the User Management page in settings. Here you can change the user details. You can also change the WPS settings also in the settings menu.
- All the above steps are the important settings of any JioFi 4G device. There are other settings which are not necessary for regular usage.
If anyone have queries on How to Setup Jiofi 2 Mifi Dongle or Jiofi Settings at jiofi.loca.html please leave a message in the below comment form.